Birth is just the beginning of your parenting journey!
Cleveland Natural Birth offers the following family-centered holistic parenting and sibling preparation classes. Our collaborative and engaging workshops are designed to gently guide you during those fragile first few months with baby, as well as to support older siblings as they transition to their new role in your growing family dynamic.
Holistic Newborn Care Workshop
This Birth Boot Camp class, aptly named ‘Homecoming’, is an amazing manual to parenthood! This course discusses routine newborn tests and procedures, infant characteristics, normal newborn behaviors, baby comfort and soothing techniques, safe sleep practices, breastfeeding, babywearing, and infant grooming. In addition to the Homecoming manual, students also receive a 3.5 hour breastfeeding masterclass download, taught by an esteemed IBCLC. You will leave this training excited, confident, and prepared to meet and care for your sweet newborn. 3 hrs., $85. Preview the Homecoming workbook. Sunday, November 4, 1:30-4:30PM @ The Womb Wellness Center in Solon. Register HERE!
Preparing Siblings For Birth
The tone for the growing family starts by the way we approach birth as a family. When children are included in the preparation for childbirth with their own birth class, they see the coming baby as a celebration. 2 hrs, by appointment. Preview the Siblings workbook.
The Birth Boot Camp Sibling Birth Class Workshop includes:
• Basic information about anatomy and where the baby currently lives
• Simple and age-appropriate instruction about the birth process
• Tips for your child on what they can pack for the birth in their own bag
• Specific tips for you, the parent, on preparing your child for birth
• A coloring page about them and the new baby
• Activity page about the baby and birth
• Tips for how your child can HELP at the birth. We want siblings to feel special and be useful!
• Space for them to write or draw their own version of the birth story after the birth