Are you expecting a baby a baby during the Winter season or early Spring? Then consider joining Cleveland Natural Birth for one of our childbirth education courses and early parenting workshops. We are thrilled to be teaching a variety of exceptional classes and workshops, including brand new Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class at The Womb Wellness Center, in Solon. If you are looking to have an informed and positive childbirth and breastfeeding experience, consider registerin for one of the following classes:
Our first 4-week sessions for 2019 begins on January 10th! This course is designed for couples who desire a beautiful and positive childbirth experience. You will gain valuable information, insights, tools, and exceptional communication skills to prepare you for an awesome labor and birth. In a collaborative learning environment, we will explore your birth philosophy and goals, and how to make sure the choices you make during pregnancy help you attain the birth you want. We cover a variety of pregnancy and birth topics within the framework of creating an optimal mindset, deepening your inner strength, and curating the best possible external resources for maximum support. There is a special focus on evidence-based complementary therapies and techniques like self-hypnosis, active birthing, Vedic breathing, massage, acupressure, relaxation, and body-mind integration. 4, 2-hour classes, meets Thursday, January 10th, 17th, 24th, + 31st, 2019, from 6-8pm. $250 per couple, inclusive of all materials.
You will love this course and leave confidently knowing:
- How to choose a care provider that supports your birth philosophy
- That your partner is prepared to be an amazing birth companion
- What shared decision-making and real informed-consent looks like
- Commonly offered tests, procedures, + alternative options
- Several practical labor comfort measures + pain management strategies
- How mindfulness + relaxation exercises can improve your birth experience
- Essential breastfeeding information + troubleshooting resources
- All about immediate postpartum recovery and pediatric assessments and tests
This is our most popular workshop! Our scheduled upcoming dates to choose from are as follows: Thursday, December 13, 2018, February 21, 2019, or April 11, 2019 from 6-8pm. This Comfort Measures workshop is designed for couples who want to know more about natural pain relief options and labor comfort measures, to help them confidently navigate birth. During this hands-on class, we explore valuable tools and techniques that can help mom and her partner stay relaxed, comfortable, and positive during labor. We will also address a variety of labor positions and their benefits. Birth partners will leave this class with a deep understanding of how touch and intimacy can impact a person in labor. We will conclude this class with a discussion on the importance of relaxation in labor, and a guided visualization exercise. Partners will approach their baby’s due date with confidence, knowing how to support mom throughout labor and birth. 2 hours, $75-$99 per couple, inclusive of materials.
Couples love this workshop and leave confidently knowing:
- How to curate a serene birth environment
- Several natural pain relief tips, tools, and techniques
- The many ways touch and intimacy impact a person in labor
- That your partner is prepared to be an amazing birth companion
- How mindfulness supports a peaceful and enjoyable birth experience
- Thoughtful and specific ways partners can help mom cope with contractions
- How to create rituals and use rhythmic behaviors to facilitate deep relaxation
Brand New for 2019! We will be offering an exceptional variety of Evidence Based Birth® classes for expectant parents and continuing education seminars for maternity care professionals. Our very first Evidence Based Birth® class dates are BELOW! Read on to learn more and to register.
As an Evidence Based Birth® Instructor, I am a birth professional with advanced training, specifically in how to help families get evidence based care. I am thrilled to be one of only about 100 Evidence Based Birth® Instructors worldwide! I steadfastly believe that it is every person’s right to experience a positive, respectful, and safe pregnancy and birth. Unfortunately, even though evidence based care is the gold standard in medicine, it is not the norm with maternity care. The reality is, for most women giving birth in the United States, they receive care rooted in routine, not in best practice, I’m actively working to change this and proud to be joining forces with passionate professionals and parents around the globe, to disrupt the status quo and build a better birth experience for all! So, if you, too, want to be equipped with the latest evidence to take control over your birth OR if you want to empower your clients with the skills to take ownership over their births, then read on to find out what I can offer you.
Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:30-3:30pm at She Collective.
Are you excited about welcoming your baby but worried that, as a patient, your voice won’t be heard in the busy hospital system?
Do not stress, the Savvy Birth 101 workshop is just what you need! This 60-minute seminar, developed by Evidence Based Birth®, will give you inside information on how to form the ultimate birth team, so when it comes time for labor, you can find yourself at the center of respectful maternity care. Savvy Birth 101 is hosted at She Collective, in Lakewood and is taught by Alayna Spratley, Owner of Cleveland Natural Birth
This dynamic seminar is loaded with awesome information, and our Savvy Birth 101 learning objectives include:
- Define evidence-based care and discuss the difference between evidence-based care and routine care
- Describe how the power system works in most hospital labor and delivery units
- Discuss ways to create a team-based atmosphere in the birthing room, so that you and your partner can get evidence-based, family-centered care.
The 6-week series begins on Sunday, March 3, 2019 from 2:30-4:30pm at The Womb Wellness Center.
Get Empowered with a Childbirth Class You + Your Partner will Love!
Do you desire the most accurate information and research about birth, want to know all of your options so you can be actively engaged in the decision-making process, and are you committed to making sure you find yourself at the center of respectful maternity care? YES! Then this Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class is exactly what you are looking for! What you get:
- Expert mentorship from me, Alayna Spratley, the ONLY Evidence Based Birth® Instructor in Cleveland trained to facilitate THIS course.
- TWO in-person classes to practice labor comfort tools plus FOUR weekly Zoom calls with your instructor to review class assignments
- FIVE weeks of comprehensive online lessons taught by Rebecca Dekker, PhD, APRN, + Founder of Evidence Based Birth®
- Awesome bonuses, including: amazing prizes, breastfeeding and newborn care videos, and a one-on-one birth planning session.
You can learn more about the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class HERE.
Course Schedule Recap:
- Natural Pain Relief Strategies for Labor + Birth: Upcoming dates include December 13, 2018, February 21, 2019, + April 11, 2019
- 4-Week In-person Holistic Childbirth Course: Next series begins January 10, 2019
- Evidence Based Birth® Savvy Birth 101 Seminar: February 10, 2019
- Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class: Next series begins March 3, 2019
Are You Ready to get Empowered? Learn More +Register for Class Today!
Cleveland Natural Birth is committed to helping families and birth professionals thrive. If you would like more information about our prenatal wellness workshops, childbirth education courses, early parenting workshops, or Evidence Based Birth® seminars, and the EBB Childbirth Class, then please contact us. Our thoughtful and comprehensive programs can help you and your clients birth with confidence!